I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Bi-annual birthday

On July 10, my cell phone beeps in the afternoon while I’m sitting at my desk. Picking it up with my right hand, I glance at the name of the text’s owner: my friend A.

Today is the big 6 month anniversary! Happy being 25.5 :P

When I read this, I have no idea what he’s talking about. What big six month anniversary? First I thought he was referring to him and his boyfriend. But I thought they’ve been going out for longer than that. And why the hell would he ever want to tell me about his anniversary, unless he thinks it’s a cause for a celebration and a gift from Williams Sonoma?

Then it hits me: The date is July 10, six months after my birthday.

And it hits me again: A and his boyfriend went on their first date on my birthday (which I forgot).

And it hits me a third time: The repeat of my 25th birthday is in another six months.

Fuck to all three.

3 Comments:

Blogger JUSTIN said...

Why do you say "fuck to all three"? Those all seem like good things to me!

July 20, 2009 12:23 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

And you know how much I hate to try and correct you, but you should feel truly ecstatic... because if you plan to celebrate being 25 in January, then this July 10th means you are 24.5 again!

July 20, 2009 5:06 pm  
Anonymous Glenn said...

When are you going to do something about the delusion that you are actually still 25? I'm concerned about you, my friend.

July 20, 2009 11:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home