I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Text ex fighting

It's Friday night and I'm still at work, typing away on the keyboard. The office is empty and has been for more than an hour. I can accomplish more in this manner than with my phone ringing every few seconds.

It's peaceful until my cell phone beeps. It's a text from J.

"You are a stranger to me. I hope your satisfied."

This is one of those WTF moments you hear about but never really get to experience on a daily basis. I wait approximately 15 minutes before I text back.

"I'm at work alone. Come by and we can talk."

Almost immediately, I get another text from J.

"I don't want to see you. I don't want to talk to you. You made it clear you feel the same. I thought things could be fine but I was wrong."

Lovely. If my day wasn't long and stressful enough, now I have to contend with a pissy person intent on starting a fight. I call my friend S and leave her a message. Not long after she writes back.

“So now it’s your fault now? Fuck that little shit! He’s George Costanza only gay!”

I laugh at this text while I write back J.

"I never said that. We were always more than friends. You can't throw all of that away."

"No. That WAS us. That is over and gone. Your actions have said more than words so don't worry about it." Another asshole-ish response.

Because I have no idea what the hell is going on in J's mind, I write a text and call a few people to get their perspective and to let off a little bit of steam. My friend S writes back, again.

“Ok, you need to text him, ‘I have a job & life... I don’t have time for your infantile head games. Good bye & good luck!’”

She knows how to put a smile on my face even though the smile is only temporary. The thing is, I don’t want to say goodbye to J, but I want to make peace.

My phone beeps again: it’s another message from J.

"I've spent the last 2 months hating you."

I write back quicker this time.

“I don't know what I've done to make you hate me so much. Really, I don't.”

Two minutes later, there’s another text.

"Didn't respond to me. Told me i was selfish. Deleted me from facebook. We weren't on the same page."

There are many errors in that text that I don’t even want to respond to, but I do in my head. I did respond to J, but didn’t respond immediately (which pissed J off because I always responded seconds after he wrote). I didn’t delete J from Facebook, but J was the one who deleted and blocked me – allowing me to never contact him online again. The only thing I did do is call J selfish because J is selfish and needs to pick up the dictionary to learn the definition of the word.

By this time, I’m packing up my things at work. I’m tired and the walk will probably clear my head.

On my way back to the loft, I begin to text J. On my way, I pass by P, who is one of J's best friends and has always hated me. P is jealous of me for several reasons (looks, connections, friends, money, career, etc.) and has never hidden his distaste because I got to date J while he never got to (J isn’t attracted to P, at all). P sashays past me and gives me a dirty look. Whatever. At least I don’t look like a muppet.

"I always responded to you. And I didn't delete you on fb. You blocked me. BTW, say hi to p."

I walk inside the loft, remove my shoes and clothes and make my way upstairs to my bedroom. There’s another text from J.

"Say hi to p? YOU say hi to p."

Alright. This attitude problem has gone on for too long. I don't reply after this message. I let it go, lie back on my 600 thread-count sheets and close my eyes. Before I get too comfortable, my phone beeps. God help me if it’s J. It’s not, it’s C.

"So, focus on work. Ignore J's texts. Block him, avoid him, whatever it takes. Or, hookup with him to get it out of both your systems."

This gets a giggle out of me, but not much more. I'm spent and want to call it a night.

Even though I think it's all over, it's not. It continues the following day when I have to confront it face-to-face...

11 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

I can't wait for the next episode... thank god for the advice from S. and C. They seem to be helping you put this text-war into perspective.

I will admit, I actually lauged outloud when I read C's "advice" - shows how ridiculous the whole situation is...

June 18, 2009 9:59 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

btw, my use of the term "ridiculous" has nothing to do with minimizing the emotional roller coaster you are undoubtedly riding...

June 18, 2009 10:00 am  
Blogger WTWTG said...

great post! I want more.

June 18, 2009 11:14 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Eeek...I am sorry my friend that you have to deal with this, but I am getting a kick out of it.

BTW - He needs some grammar lessons as well. Your = You're

June 18, 2009 11:31 am  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

You ex boyfriend is a lil shit with no balls to come talk to you in the face. Nothing is solved in a txt msg. You don't know how the other is feeling or what expression is on his face. I only wish you the best.

June 18, 2009 2:17 pm  
Blogger Marquis said...

I think you should let him be. Ignore him. Save yourself the drama. People need to grow up.

June 18, 2009 7:09 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

What a little crybaby. Send him a pacifier in the mail.

June 19, 2009 1:19 pm  
Anonymous Heidegger said...

You both sound like nightmares. Grow up.

June 19, 2009 5:52 pm  
Blogger TFG said...

It's a bizarre world when one stays late at work so they can update their blog, then send and receive infantile texts.

June 20, 2009 5:11 am  
Anonymous Glen said...

This would be entertaining if it wasn't real. Hon, you need to just ignore him. He just ain't right. Let it go and he will go away.

June 20, 2009 11:14 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

ok why do u want this person in ur life again? let me move on to part 2 to see if i can find an answer there...

June 24, 2009 12:19 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home