I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 08, 2010

Relationship status

When going out with someone, there’s a point where you begin to wonder what is the status of your relationship. Are you hanging out? Are you dating? And if you are dating, are you exclusive or free to see other people while still trying to make up your mind whether, or not, you actually like this person?

I’ve been in that position before and it’s never a place I feel comfortable being in. Not only are you constantly questioning what you’re doing with this person, but you also have to bring up the whole “What are we?” conversation which inevitably ends up in me being more confused than I thought I would be.

To me, the point where this talk must happen is around the two-month point. You would’ve gone out enough times to know if you like this person. And if you still wonder if you like them, then you probably shouldn’t be having the conversation in the first place. Save it for a time when you need to be sure about taking “the next step” (forward or backward) in the relationship.

No matter what happens, it’s not as if I’m going to change my relationship status on Facebook after I get an answer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dean Grey said...

S!

I think communication is key and being open and honest with the other person can save both people a lot of time and heartache!

-Dean

February 08, 2010 10:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great food for thought. Communication is the key to everything relationship wise.

February 09, 2010 6:14 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

With technology, you can have these conversations over facebook. You change your status after the other person changes theirs. or you Wall-to-Wall chat about whether you should both change your statuses. "It's Complicated" seems to work in most cased.

February 10, 2010 9:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

communication is shit. people r who they r. nothin gonna change and even if it changes r u goin to be happy. yes, maybe for a sometime but then u want to change something else and the list never ends. it is good to accept a person as they r and be happy that he is with u or vice versa. relations are about acceptance. love as if it is ur last day to love and u will be happy always. wishhing the very best for u both. love and stay happy

March 11, 2010 10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home