I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Those words mean nothing to me

On a night out with a friend of mine, I receive a text from J. I wasn't expecting anything from J; I usually instigate the texting between us.

You're taking my style of pictures now! Haha

This is referring to a picture I published on my Facebook wall of a ripped torso (mine). My reply was one of those non-committal blurbs saying it's something that's been seen before.

I mean, talk about instant hard on

Now, I'm a little more playful with my response. To paraphrase: it's here for you.

I'm gonna try and visit you asap, btw

Here is where I got optimistic. Could this be true? Would J really come and visit me? The trip isn't too far; a couple of hours by car. But, what if these texts are just that? Texts, nothing more. A game between someone who plays them and another person who lays their cards on the table. When I discover J is in a relationship, all bets are off.

So I take a note from Sex and the City and did what Carrie Bradshaw did to Big's - long time in the making - voicemails when she hears them upon her return home: delete, delete, delete.

Those words mean nothing to me, anymore.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dean Grey said...

Good for you for hitting the delete button!

-Dean

June 25, 2010 10:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home