I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, June 28, 2010

You made me cry

There aren't many things that can make me cry, but having my heart broken is one of them. True, it doesn't happen too often, since I try to protect myself against such things by putting up walls. But every once in a while, those walls come down and that's when I leave myself vulnerable for others to take advantage of me.

When I'm hurt by people I care(d) about, I don't want to see, hear, or talk to them. Thinking of them brings back memories - good and/or bad. I already have to deal with family, friends, my firm and client responsibilities (not to mention the chores of daily life), so the last thing I want scratching at the back of my mind is of the people who made me cry.

And because they can't look past their own wants and needs, they think I hurt them, while all the time, the reverse is true. It's funny, since so many people think I'm heartless or have one made of stone.

For those people who hurt me, I say this: I hope your act of selfishness makes you temporarily happy because there will come a day when you'll be as heartbroken as I was and you'll know how I felt when you made me cry.