I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, July 01, 2010

Canada Day ain't no holiday

July 1st is a Canadian holiday but not for me. While many will be off (doing whatever people do on holidays) I will be working. A positive part of having your own firm is you can take time off whenever you want, but the pratfall is you have to work the rest of the time (which is always).

As much as I want to take a vacation, I can't. Holidays are a means of escape, but not for everyone. Bosses might point the fingers, but they're also culpable if those fingers don't do the work. It's not always win-win for us.

Lord knows there are people, places and things I want to get away from and I don't want to deal with. I know the world is made - and filled with people of full - of shit, but I'd rather live my life in a technicolour version of a Vincente Minelli musical, not a Roman Polanski psychodrama.

Can't wait for Labour Day... that is, if I have it off.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Toronto :P

July 01, 2010 2:27 am  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

I'm in London... They are celebrating it here as well! Happy Canada day Mate!

July 01, 2010 3:30 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home