I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, July 05, 2010

Do opposites attract?

Opposites attract is a term that has existed for as long as I can remember. Apparently it was conjured up as a reason to explain why some people are attracted to others they normally wouldn't be attracted to.

In reality, it has been studied (time and time again) that the opposite is true: likes attract. And, if that's the case, then Lord Jesus Christ help me.

Judging by the people I've had relationships with (both romantic, and not), I have a thing for crazies, psychos, sociopaths, wackos, etc. I don't hunt them down at the asylum, but from an outsider's perspective, it appears that I might (and I don't have a rubber room fetish).

The thing is, I've been told on several occasions that I'm the sane one, the rock that people can depend on, the voice of reason. The reasons why crazies are attracted to me is because I know what I'm doing in life; I'm the "normal" one and they hope that will ground them.

In the end, I think they're the crazy ones who are attracted to me because I'm the opposite of them. So, maybe opposites do attract. But, I'd stay away from the asylum - let the crazies have their fun with one another.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mind Of Mine said...

I really do believe that opposites attract - but thats what I tell myself to distance myself from the loons!

July 05, 2010 2:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home