I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, November 15, 2010

“Interesting”

Not too long ago, I went out with M and sent him a short text after our coffee. It was short and sweet, without the saccharine sentiment associated with the whole early-onset dating thing.

A few minutes later, I received a text back...

“I enjoyed that and I think you are very interesting as a person :)”

Now, when I read that, I scrunched my face, as to say, Emmm, that’s not good. I tell D this and he does the same face.

“Maybe there’s something lost in the translation,” I say to D, because M’s first language isn’t English.

“Mmmm, could be.” D’s response is non-committal.

It was only afterward that I understood what “interesting” was supposed to mean. Fortunately for me, it was a good thing. As it turns out, the meaning for M is one of quirks and endless fascination, keeping the other always on their toes.

And with that, I’ve been interesting ever since.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home