I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, November 08, 2010

Out of my league, and into another sport

As I’m checking my Facebook, I see someone commenting on a friend’s last post of a photoshoot he did. I had also commented since I was at the shoot. I click on the profile because the name peaks my interest. It’s one of those names that almost sounds fake.

When I click through some of the images, the face becomes familiar. I’ve seen it on a dating site and I wrote a note (a while back). Clicking through a few more of B’s photos, I realize nothing will ever happen between us. Not only is B out of my league, but plays in another sport altogether.

Turns out, B is also an underwear model. Strange. All of the images on the dating site are cropped and fully-clothed; the Facebook ones are not. To make matters worse, B is also in medical school, graduating in 2011. It’s bad enough to personify a wet dream, but being smart can bruise even the strongest of egos.

Of course, that’s not to say there isn’t a chance for us to walk down the aisle. Until then, I'm going to have to learn to play whatever game it is to be on the same team.

1 Comments:

Blogger publius100 said...

Never doubt your ability to get what you want. And you want it. Really. So go get it. Your determination will overcome all odds.

November 11, 2010 11:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home