I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Remember when...

It’s a little disconcerting when someone recalls your past when you can’t even remember these moments. It’s even more disturbing when they know more about your life than you do.

“How about the time…?”

“But, you said…”

“Did the penicillin really work on that infection…?”

And on and on.

Of course, it doesn’t help that your “duh” expression, or one of total shock (both are very similar, as they entail a gaping mouth), says a lot more than an actual response.

Sadly, as much as you wish it’s a case of early-onset Alzheimer’s, it’s actually a case of blogger brain – too much tattling, too little thinking.

Maybe it’s time to go back and review some of my old posts to jog my memory because I have no idea what I’ve done for the past year, or so.

Do you remember when...?

Well, I sure as fuck don't.

10 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

my brain randomly forgets lots of things. I see this as a blessing in most cases.

November 17, 2006 8:18 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to forget everything and start again. Where do I go for that?

November 17, 2006 10:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No. I'm the guy that remembers your past.

November 17, 2006 10:22 am  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

yes....it's true salem remembers everything

November 17, 2006 1:11 pm  
Blogger Pablo said...

I only remember embarrassing things that other people do. That's all. Then I write them down for future blog posts.

November 17, 2006 3:19 pm  
Blogger Steven said...

Me either.

Steve~

November 17, 2006 3:33 pm  
Blogger Normlr said...

I can completely sympathize. I hardly remember anything I did during University. My friends, however, are all too quick to remind me.

November 17, 2006 5:29 pm  
Blogger S said...

Timmy: I'm somone who remembers a lot of crap, but it's usually about other people.

Jason: You know this was dedicated to you, right?

Salem: Really? Do you remember the time where...

YJA: Does Salem know where I can find my leather gloves? I've been looking for those things for two weeks.

Pablo: Ah, we share the same gift.

SN: Love your site, by the way.

Normlr: University wasn't too long ago, so I'm not foggy with those memories.

November 17, 2006 5:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. I want even more attention!

November 17, 2006 6:46 pm  
Blogger kevin said...

I know what you mean mate,
I get so much blogger brain that it scares me!

Do you know where I can buy a new brain?? Probably in Asia right?

Kevin in NZ

November 19, 2006 6:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home