I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

People, can you hear me?

Karaoke is immensely popular in Japan for the reason that many businessmen dream of becoming famous singers. Due to societal constraints, they settle in a life of anonymity. But, give them a microphone and a Celine Dion power ballad, and they feel like they're on the hull of the Titanic.

Even though I haven't been to Japan and sung karaoke, I do sing whenever I hear a song on the radio (or in my head).

Fuck. I crank that shit up.

There doesn’t need to be a microphone or an amplifier, since my voice carries. A lot. It also doesn’t help that my choice in songs are physically difficult to sing, like Mercy On Me.

Unfortunately, I forget there are people around me, like my neighbours, who may begin to question what's going where I live.

What the fuck is that noise?
Can he please turn down the music?
It sounds like a live cat being slaughtered.
Wow, he’s really amazing!

Ok, so the last will only happen when Paris Hilton learns a new trade, like talent.

It doesn’t matter, anyway.

As long as there’s music, I’ll be there to sing along with it... like bad karaoke.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

If you ride in a car with me, we can sing duets. :)

November 14, 2006 6:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once rode in the karaoke bus. Yes, you can rent anything.

November 14, 2006 7:59 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I love to sing along, I dont care if people dont like what they are hearing. Fuck em!

November 14, 2006 8:19 am  
Blogger Pablo said...

It's true. Tim will sing karaoke even on Wednesdays...when there is none.

November 14, 2006 10:58 am  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

stop singing. it's not ok.

November 14, 2006 1:07 pm  
Blogger S said...

Lemuel: The Carpenters? I wanna be the skinny one!

Salem: I never heard of such a thing. Wait, now I have.

Liquid: Now I know why you don't want a photo with your face on it.

Timmy: So that's what I'm hearing right now.

Pablo: Funny.

YJA: I can't hear you. Singing too loudly...

November 14, 2006 4:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you sing Snowbird by Anne Murray?

November 15, 2006 9:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home