I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or treat!

Hallowe’en is the time of the year where children (and adults) dress up in costumes, go out and have a good time. For the children, it’s mostly PG-rated, and for the adults, depending on the amount of tricks, verges on NC-17.

Personally, I’ve never gone trick or treating. Never, ever. Not even once. And, I see that as a good thing.

I never had to worry about catching a cold on those nippy October nights. I never had to worry about getting suspicious-looking candy from that creepy man who lived down the street. I never had to worry if someone was wearing the same thing as me – always the fastest way to get me riled up.

Every Hallowe’en, my mother bought a bag of good candy for us and gave out lollypops and other miscellaneous sweets to kids in the neighbourhood. While other people were freezing outside, I sat at home, on my ass, chowing down on the good shit.

That tradition continues into my adulthood.

Even though I still don’t dress up and go out for the festivities, I still enjoy buying candy. Two bags of Twix, a bag of Kit Kat bars, one of Snickers and one of Mars. All. For. Me. And, I only had to go to Wal-Mart to get my chocolate fix.

My mouth drools just knowing they’re in my house, within snacking reach…

Trick or treat!

14 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

WHAT? Are you serious? I can't believe you have never experienced the fun of Halloween.

To each their own......I guess.

October 31, 2006 8:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going out was the fun part! Hell, it still is.

October 31, 2006 8:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you're not going downtown to see all the mayhem on Church St.?

October 31, 2006 9:43 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well, you can't get much scarier than a trip to Wal-Mart, so I guess you've paid your dues.

But seriously ... not dressing up? It's un-American.

But then, so are you Canadians. :)

October 31, 2006 10:01 am  
Blogger eric3000 said...

I don't like eating candy all that much but I just adore the miniature candy packages you get at Halloween! They are so cute! God, I am so gay.

October 31, 2006 11:15 am  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

No Halloween? Getting the treats on Halloween is the best part. You never know what you'll end up with. You get so many different kinds of candy.
When I was a kid my friends and I would go out with pillow cases and get them filled. You don’t know what you missed.
I do however recommend you do get dressed up and go out for Halloween as an adult. It's still fun and it is never too late.

October 31, 2006 12:00 pm  
Blogger S said...

Timmy: I've enjoyed from the comfort of my sofa. It's nice and soft.

Salem: But, it's cold outside!

Jason: There are plenty of costumes at my grocery store, and I'm not talking about on Hallowe'en.

Six: Says the pirate.

Eric: And, you can eat more of them without feeling guilty.

YJA: I know what you mean, but I was never really into it. I dunno. Maybe that will change when I hit my early 20s...

October 31, 2006 12:05 pm  
Blogger S said...

Jeff, if I can find it cheaper anywhere else, I'll buy it there.

Anyway, no one can beat their price on TP.

October 31, 2006 4:46 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Happy halloween. Unfortunately this american holiday is not celebrated down under:( but I still had some candy !

October 31, 2006 4:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never did the Trick or Treat thing either. According to my parents, Halloween is a holiday for Satanists.

I always knew I had a dark side.

Enjoy the candy.

October 31, 2006 5:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom was more likely to only give me a couple of apples for halloween. She really didn't believe in treats.

She did belive in tricking though...but that's another story.

October 31, 2006 5:38 pm  
Blogger savante said...

Never had the tradition over here too but it looks like good fun :) Trying to imagine the creepy man down the road though.

October 31, 2006 10:06 pm  
Blogger S said...

Interesting... I thought Hallowe'en was celebrated in more places.

Guess there aren't a lot of people who get dressed up for tricks or treats (unless you pay them for their services).

October 31, 2006 11:24 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

Well I don't see the harm in turning tricks for treats. It's human nature!

;)

November 01, 2006 12:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home