I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, October 30, 2006

It's so rainy... well, how rainy is it?

There is a point in love where it quickly escalates into hatred. The paramount pinnacle. It doesn't matter what it is, be it person, place, or thing. Even one Kit Kat can turn a raging chocoholic into a diabetic with a few good chews.

For years, my “chocolate” is the rain. I love the rain. I love listening to it beat down on the roof while I lie in bed. I love to watch the beads on the windowpane and scroll its way down the glass. I love to see the drops fall in puddles, and the ripples push towards the outer edges.

But, as much as I love the rain, sometimes too much is too much.

For some strange reason, this autumn has met with days upon days of rain. Non-stop. Never ending. It makes me wonder if I’m living in London, England, instead of London, Ontario.

It’s so rainy that...

I don't feel like dancing in the middle of the street, like Gene Kelly in that ironically-titled movie, Xanadu.

I carry an umbrella everywhere I go... even indoors.

I think galoshes are particularly attractive for sploshing around in the water, and not only for 6 year olds.

I’ve grown accustomed to the squish.

I’ve grown accustomed to the extra 20 pounds I carry on my body due to eternal dampness.

I don’t want to wear anything made of wool because I’ll smell like a wet sheep.

I know my ‘fro hair needs a pick.

I think SAD is making me MAD.

I’m wishing it will snow ASAP, so the fucking rain will stop.

I can’t wait for the spring, when the weather becomes more… rainy.

Ugh.

Update: It's now sunny, with clear skies. God, you suck.

14 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

its been a lot like that here lately too. Love and hate are the same emotion, you know.

October 30, 2006 8:07 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Xanadu! Me likey.

October 30, 2006 9:57 am  
Blogger S said...

Of course, the day I post this, it's sunny outside.

Damn you, Michael Kuss!! Damn you to hell!!

October 30, 2006 10:28 am  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

Rain... don't like it. Not one bit. Nope, the rain ain't for me.

October 30, 2006 12:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rain. Great in June. Not so great in November.

While Xanadu is a fine enough movie, Gene Kelly definitely more famous for Singin' in the Rain, and it fits your theme.

October 30, 2006 1:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God cried on me too this weekend.

:(

October 30, 2006 1:58 pm  
Blogger eric3000 said...

Yeah, I don't think Gene Kelly danced in the middle of the street in Xanadu. I was forced to watch this movie last weekend at a sing-along with live dancers.

October 30, 2006 2:46 pm  
Blogger Timmy said...

YIKES!

October 30, 2006 3:10 pm  
Blogger S said...

YJA: Are you a snow person?

Salem: That was the (baaaad) joke I was trying to make.

Jason: You made the baby Jesus sad.

Eric: That sounds like a horror movie waiting to happen.

Timmy: ZOINKS!

October 30, 2006 3:25 pm  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I'm all about the sunshine!

October 30, 2006 4:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! Well, if you have any Brigadoon jokes, I won't wreck them.

October 30, 2006 4:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, suck it up you big wuss. ;0)

October 30, 2006 7:59 pm  
Blogger tornwordo said...

I adore the rain too. But then some jerk flies through a puddle with his Expedition and drenches me with muddy water. I'm trying to hate the sin, not the sinner, but the rain doesn't help.

October 31, 2006 5:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xanadu: loved it!

Rain: the weather is just fab here in Fort Lauderdale! Come for a visit!

November 01, 2006 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home