I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Picture processing

Humans are visual beings. They use their eyes to supplement other senses to process a full picture about a person, place, or thing. Descriptions are useful, but they don't always produce an image.

One week ago, I changed my profile photo from a set of eyes to a head shot. It was time for a change, and I didn’t feel like I could answer the What the hell do you look like? question without popping a vein first.

But, for some reason, there were more profile views than normal – like, over 300 per cent more. All for a little head.


And, I had to wonder why. Does the photo make a difference in the person that I am? Have I changed in any way? Did I get more interesting? Smarter? Funnier? Popular?

No, I think it was because my head filled in a part of me that was missing. Literally.

God forbid if I had put a shot of my ass up there, 'cause that would start a whole other round of questions.

14 Comments:

Blogger Single Guy said...

what profile? blogger?

October 25, 2006 2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, sometimes a little head is all it takes to clear things up.

October 25, 2006 6:08 am  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Let us know when you're going to do that. **eg**

Both shots that you used (hat & full face) are very good shots. Well composed.

October 25, 2006 6:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol at Jason's comment....well I just added one more, since I had to check you out....nice head_shot! ;)

it shouldn't matter, but curiosity is a strange and demanding thing.

October 25, 2006 9:06 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

yeah, God only knows what would have been filled in if your ass was up there ...

October 25, 2006 9:31 am  
Blogger madamerouge said...

I thought the other guy was Johnny Depp. Dude, you were good in Benny & Joon.

October 25, 2006 11:00 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I wanna see the ass shot. You have my email.

October 25, 2006 11:13 am  
Blogger S said...

NSSG: Yup, Blogger.

JUS: Oh Lord...

Lemuel: Thanks. I'll be sure to tell Ms. Leibowitz.

Skitzzee: True, people are curious. Everyone likes a freak show.

Six: A flash of denim, maybe?

MR: You mean, you didn't like my scottish lilt in Finding Neverland?

Jeff: True. And, this photo isn't 10 years old (I would've been a teenager, still).

Timmy: You won't be getting any ass shots from me.

October 25, 2006 12:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh cmon, I'm with Timmy or at least do a HNT.

October 25, 2006 12:53 pm  
Blogger toobusyliving said...

Yeah. Do it.

October 25, 2006 1:40 pm  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

Nice ass! Er, oh, that's your face?

Thanks for the card, btw. I'm only kidding. Now I know what to stalk when I'm in TO next.

October 25, 2006 5:00 pm  
Blogger S said...

Jason and TBL: How's about a ankle, or a foot? No socks, I promise.

Jetboy: Woo hoo! You got the joke I was going for. To. The. Tee.

October 25, 2006 6:12 pm  
Blogger brenton said...

hey mate, i agree, i can relate and trust a full face more. And it doesn't hurt that your face is a very nice one to look at!

October 25, 2006 6:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

300 percent more all for a little head? Just imagine if you GAVE a (big)head.

October 26, 2006 10:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home