I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Personal history lesson

You never really know someone after meeting them. It takes a while. It doesn’t matter if you have long conversations, similar likes and dislikes, or exchanges of bodily fluids. Not long after, a concept is based on what you know, and this “person” is created in your mind.

But, sometimes that image is blurred when other, more knowledgeable, opinions come in to play. There are other people who know this person more than you do. But, should you believe what they say, or learn about them on your own?

It’s like a history lesson: Should you read up on the past to know a little more about the present? Each word gets you more interested. Every action, more aroused.

Although I don’t think Jewish people would say, “So Hitler killed many of us, but you have to admit he was a snappy dresser!” I do believe they’d give him a chance if they knew nothing about his plans for world domination.

This person can be different things to different people, but you have to spend the time with them to know who they really are.

In the end, a potential friend/lover can be an amazing person, but if they start talking about how much they love Auschwitz, I won’t ever answer their calls.

Note: So sorry the phone died last night. But, it ended quite nicely. Huge thank you.

9 Comments:

Blogger Timmy said...

I am not so concerned with what someone has done in the past, I am more concerned about what they have planned for their future.

November 02, 2006 7:51 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

So ... what ... I'm confused ... Hitler gave you a happy ending?

Dirrty.

November 02, 2006 8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always happy to hear the info, but I don't always accept it.

November 02, 2006 9:59 am  
Blogger eric3000 said...

I don't know; Hitler was kind of a prissy little asshole even before he decided to take over the world. But is this a metaphore for something, or did you really date a neo-nazi?

November 02, 2006 11:57 am  
Blogger Joe said...

I think you can balance the two. Information from others is always appreciated but you have to consider their motives. If you know the person sharing the information you may have some insight into those. But even someone with a bad reputation may have a heart of gold and only choose to share it with a chosen few. Yes I do have a bad rep, but no heart of gold here.

November 02, 2006 12:39 pm  
Blogger S said...

Timmy: Good thinking. Very good.

Six: Hitler? I don't even know her!

Liquid: What about lawyers?

Jeff: See Six's answer, above.

Salem: I sorta think that way, too.

Eric: It's not a metaphor and I haven't dated any neo-nazis (that I know of). Heil!

Joe: I see your point. But, are you bad to the core?

November 02, 2006 12:57 pm  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I think it's quite important to pass judgment immediately. It not only saves time but jumping to a conclusion is great fun and may make you seem more interesting, eccentric, and smart. It often results in being widely popular, hated and feared all at the same time. Don't believe me? Just ask any high school cheerleader, she’ll either confirm it or just roll her eyes at you.

November 02, 2006 4:35 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

LOL @ YJA

November 03, 2006 11:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never get to understand anyone. I just eat.

November 06, 2006 5:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home