I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Get your heart on

Just like a baseball player on a losing streak, there are countless people in the world who strike out in the game of love. It’s not that they don’t have skills or talent, it’s just that not everyone follows the same set of rules.

With over six billion people in the world, there should be a lot of love to go around. But, that’s not always the case. Love is fickle and - sometimes - non-reciprocal.

It souldn't be.


Love is love. It's free and is meant to be shared. Sometimes a little bit of love is all we need. Remind them that you’re there and you’re thinking of them. Say it with words, or show it without - it doesn't make a difference how it's done, as long as it makes a difference in the life of someone else.

So, as a token of selflessness, give a heart to someone you care for. Someone you’re thinking of and about. Someone you like. Someone you love.

Get your heart on.

Note: Make the most of this month, and remember this day.

10 Comments:

Blogger brenton said...

i'm one of the recent losers in this roundabout de lurve! Mr right just doesn't seem to be anywhere around

December 01, 2006 1:01 am  
Blogger Lemuel said...

Thanks for the shout out to love and to World AIDS Day. I'll be joining my voice a bit later with my post.

December 01, 2006 5:54 am  
Blogger Pablo said...

I think it is fear that keeps most of us on a losing streak.

December 01, 2006 8:13 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

John Lennon would be so proud of you Steven.

December 01, 2006 8:20 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

Love.

Exciting and new.

Come aboard.

We're expecting you.

December 01, 2006 12:15 pm  
Blogger your judgemental aunt said...

I don't get the whole love thing.

December 01, 2006 2:08 pm  
Blogger S said...

I heart you all.

Brenton: There is someone for you, don't you worry.

Lemuel: No problem.

Pablo: I think you're right. No one wants to put it out there if they're not getting it back.

Timmy: Because I avoided the train-wreck that is Yoko Ono, right?

Liquid: Thanks.

Six: You're trying to be funny, right?

YJA: Maybe you have to give it to get some?

December 01, 2006 2:38 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Love is cool, isn't it? It's amazing to me that each person's perception of what love is (or isn't) is so different....each person needing and wanting something unique and personal. As a well-known musician put it: "I want love but it's impossible. A man like me, so irresponsible. A man like me is dead in places while other men feel liberated. I want love, just a different kind, I want love, won't break me down, won't brick me up, won't fence me in. I want a love that don't mean a thing...that's the love I want."

December 02, 2006 1:56 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

Love is the most common mental disorder...but it feels great, we try to make it last forever (at least hope that it will)

December 04, 2006 8:10 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

Everybody wants the same thing
No trading places on the chain gang

...

Love is what I want
Love is what I give
Right here's where I'm finding it
That's how I'm gonna live


-Scissor Sisters, "Everybody Wants The Same Thing"

For a while, I was thinking this song was going to be my new mantra. I should go get the CD out of my car...

December 05, 2006 8:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home