I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

She'll always be single

As S and I are sitting in the coffee shop, the conversation begins to verge in the direction of relationships. Mostly, she’s talking about ones that are ideal and the ones that don’t work.

She doesn’t have very stringent criteria, but it’s hard to find it all in one man.

To her, an ideal relationship is one that allows her to have someone there for companionship (when she wants it), to pay for whatever she wants (when she wants it, or when she's broke), to take care of her in her time of need (when she wants it), to have sex (when she wants it), to do the occasional home renovation (when she wants it), and to cook and clean (when she wants it, which is all the time).

Tolkien couldn’t write a better fantasy.

Although I wish her the best with her search, I don't think she’s going to find him. Come to think of it, I think she's always be single because there is no man that can live with that criteria, or those standards.

Thankfully, she already owns two cats...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 cats huh?...Maybe start to worry if she adds a bird and gold fish to her collection of pets. At least they can offer companionship when she's alone wondering why she can't find her fantasy man.

best,
a.

January 23, 2008 9:55 am  
Blogger Chris said...

"Tolkien couldn’t write a better fantasy."

I have no words.

January 23, 2008 10:11 am  
Blogger K said...

I would gladly settle for only two out of that list.

One of them has to be sex tho....LOL!

I think that is reasonable...no?

January 23, 2008 1:54 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

what about me? i even do laundry and grocery shopping. but i'm not single. and not in canada. but i am whipped.

January 23, 2008 3:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unfortunately you have descibed an average women. Everything 24/7 is on their terms.

January 23, 2008 6:58 pm  
Blogger nash said...

Maybe she'll find him, but he'll be gay. So there goes the sex thing...

January 23, 2008 7:08 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

She needs to ask herself, "What DO I, a picky cat lady who can't cook or clean for herself, have to bring into a relationship?"

I bet she hasn't thought of what's in it for the guy - other than her poonanny, of course - but most ladies I know have one of those, and a few of the guys do, too.

January 24, 2008 2:34 pm  
Blogger Phronk said...

If she's hot, I can pretend to be all those things and more.

January 28, 2008 11:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home