I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crank up the heat

Being someone who rates his physical attractiveness a 6.5/10, I find it unsettling when an 8-10/10 gives me an ounce of their attention, especially when their attention is that of the physical kind.

Inside, I get weirded out because I know they’re way too hot for me. Putting all thoughts of cynicism aside, my physiological reaction is to tense my muscles while my stomach turns. Immediately, I feel insecure because, when around that much heat, I’m only lukewarm.

Of course, that doesn’t mean I stop myself from going any further. I may look dumb, but I’m not stupid.

When I mention the issue of being a 6.5 to F, he says I have to work on my self-esteem. My self-esteem isn’t the problem. I have self-esteem falling out of my mouth when I open it. I know I have an assload of internal qualities that are desirable to many, but external qualities are another thing. That’s judged with another set of criteria.

What I need to work on is my self-worth when it comes to image. I know what I see when I look in the mirror. I’m not (totally) blind. Overall, the total package is okay, but okay doesn’t cut it in this world. Hotness is universal. There are very few people who disagree on the subject, and those who do are immune to any form of heat.

Herein lies the issue: How does a 6.5/10 crank up the heat to a 7/10 when an 8-10/10 thinks they’re hot?

16 Comments:

Blogger S said...

Now that I think of it, this sounds like a WTF Wednesday post.

January 16, 2008 1:39 am  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

I'm like a 3.8 so I can't help you there! Hahaha! No wait that is sad not funny. Nah don't worry you have the total package going for you, use them smarts and make them feel unsettled around you! ;)

Steven

January 16, 2008 7:28 am  
Blogger Chris said...

2.5 here. I'd suggest steroids.

January 16, 2008 9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wit and creativity that is displayed in your writing makes you rank very high on any scale...Not to mention your cute pics...BTW, you're at least an 8/10hands down!

best,
a.

January 16, 2008 10:13 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

wow. you are a 6.5? i usually only give myself 5.75 tops!

and how weird...my word verification was mirror

eek!

January 16, 2008 10:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ranking yourself far too low. As for if some hot guy is totally into you: I'd imagine you being totally into him would be something that would make him be even more into you.

What I mean is if he's hot for you, he's hot for you. Dive in!

January 16, 2008 10:25 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

Answer: remove your shirt and/or pants. I think that will very likely heat up the situation.

(In actuality you're well above a 6.5, of course, which is why this shirt/pants solution will work.) :-)

January 16, 2008 11:15 am  
Blogger tornwordo said...

Confidence will propel you nicely, it's worth at least 2 points.

January 16, 2008 12:01 pm  
Blogger Chris said...

Here's the thing you need to realize: You might not think the hot guy thinks you're hot, but he might. You might be his type.

Have you ever seen someone fawn over someone you thought wasn't so great-looking? It's all relative. Go for it.

January 16, 2008 1:36 pm  
Blogger Matty said...

Honey, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You are adorable. And if someone (including you) can recognize that, it's not a bad thing!

January 16, 2008 1:59 pm  
Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Wow. So that means I'm a 2. Way to bolster my self-esteem, dude.

January 16, 2008 2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well from a females point of view I'd say you were a 10!

Maybe you better take a second look at yourself,You are much better than you give yourself credit for.

January 16, 2008 3:00 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i find bending over and yelling STICK IT IN! usually helps, but that's just me.

January 16, 2008 3:08 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

you're such an idiot...

you can be a 6.5 and your better looking than almost everyone. Cause the only 7+ out there are all robotic models.

but i digress.

there is never ever anything wrong with trying to "hot up" or going for someone you consider a higher rating than yourself. Because, I am pretty sure that those people will be thinking they need to "hot up" just to talk with you.

Go for it steven, and quit bitchin.

January 16, 2008 6:36 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

You are too much,my friend. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Mr. 8-10 is classifying you on his blog as an 8-10 and himself as a 6.5? It's all in the eye of the beholder. Wish you were here tonight. Free evening....looking for a friend for dinner and a movie! Damn.

January 16, 2008 7:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the rule of 2's.

First, whatever number you think you are, add 2. Because no one ever gives themselves enough credit. (Unless you actually think you're a 10, then subtract 2 for being an ass.)

Second, you can ALWAYS date/fuck + or - 2 from your own number. So an 8 can date/fuck guys from 6 to 10.

So...you're right on track, Mister. ;-)

January 16, 2008 9:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home