I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Sidekick

Fred and Barney. Bart and Millhouse. Lucy and Ethel. Buffy and Willow. The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Whether they’re animated, attempting to get into Ricky’s show, trying to save the world, or trotting around the country with a horse, there are no good partnerships without chemistry.

Even though I have friends that I can do things with, I feel there is no connection between us the way the aforementioned pairs have. True, all of the pairs mentioned were highly scripted and directed, but knowing that your partner in crime is going to be there for your adventures in life is what makes it fun. Who needs to have a wife/husband, when your sidekick is a hell of a lot more entertaining to be around?

Where is my sidekick? Around somewhere? Anywhere? Are there any takers?

I just want to have someone around that wants to do things with me, no matter what it is. We don’t have to wear spandex uniforms (although I would be pretty hot in it, but that would be due to the high polyester content). In fact, we’ll go shopping for some clothes and I’ll pick out something that’s suitable for exciting escapades.

We don’t have to save the world, but I wouldn’t mind kicking some ass.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget Beavis & Butthead...Not all sidekicks are what they're cracked up to be...Although you would make a really cute one.

Best,
a.

January 15, 2008 1:10 am  
Blogger nash said...

I'm happy to hop into some spandex and kick some ass, but what will we call ourselves?

January 15, 2008 3:23 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

hmm. i dont know about the spandex but id love to kick some ass.

January 15, 2008 11:14 am  
Blogger john said...

Yes, I'm looking for that great buddy!! I've found a few, but none that want to do everything that I want to.

January 15, 2008 2:58 pm  
Blogger R said...

Hmmmm...I don't know if I would give up my good friends for a sidekick. I guess it's because I'm just boring.

January 15, 2008 7:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget about Batman and Robin!
They sure as hell looked good in leather.
If we get another repug for president in the states, I'd be glad to volunteer my services as a side-kick over there in Canada. Will I be allowed to wear a cape?

January 15, 2008 8:18 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Are applications available online? Just tell me how to apply. What info do you need? Dimensions and stats? I think we could kick about pretty damned good.

January 15, 2008 9:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris & I will adopt you :) We can dress you in clothes from baby GAP and....oh wait a minute. wrong fantasy!

January 16, 2008 12:31 am  
Blogger Matty said...

having a side kick is indeed fun - and he/she does not need to be a significant other... a great friend (AKA Thelma and Louise/AKA Electra Woman and Dyna Girl/AKA Starsky and Hutch) is a great side kick. My friends in DC would certainly be able to find you a match. I am reminded of the scene in Mystery Men when the team is interviewing new super heros.

January 16, 2008 1:57 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i'll be your online sidekick...

January 16, 2008 3:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home