I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Unconscious talent

For the past while, I have discovered a talent I have without realizing it. It’s nothing special, like being able to roll your tongue (which I can’t, even though approximately 50 % of the population can). Oddly enough, it’s done while I sleep.

The talent: I turn off my alarm unconsciously in the middle of the night.

That’s not the only part of the talent. The second part entails me waking up right before the alarm is supposed to go off. This happens all the time. Night after night. I never wake up late.

For those who are wondering, I do turn on the alarm every night before I go to bed. In fact, I check it by pushing the switch with my finger as far as it can go, making sure it’s on the ‘on’ position, and not stuck in-between cogs.

Is my brain trying to tell me something? Is it trying to make me remember something? Is it testing me, or my sleeping patterns? What the fuck is it? Why won’t my brain let me sleep?

I wish my brain wasn't talented when I'm asleep, instead of when I'm awake.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it really YOU? Creepy!

August 20, 2007 11:43 pm  
Blogger tornwordo said...

It's weird but at least you don't sleepwalk.

August 21, 2007 6:23 am  
Blogger TCho said...

oh i know some people who have that talent of waking up right before their alarm. I wish i had that talent. Me, I could sleep through WWIII.

August 21, 2007 10:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a gift.

August 21, 2007 11:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I usually wake up about one minute before my alarm goes off. I set my TV to come on and i've noticed that the red light is on the TV in that minute before it actually comes on... it must do something electronic that must click or whatever... whatever it is it triggers me. I can't use alarm clocks because I incorporate the buzzing into my dreams and turn them off in the dream and continue right on sleeping...

August 21, 2007 11:09 am  
Blogger Kevin said...

I do the same thing sometimes. And then I wake up at noon.

:(

August 21, 2007 11:18 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

"Pushing the switch with my finger as far as it will go"....combined with "Unconscious Talent" brings up a whole new activity in my head.
Back to Reality: My hubby NEVER sleeps to the alarm and it drives me fucking nuts. I NEED MY BEAUTY SLEEP, DAMN IT!

August 21, 2007 12:23 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

*rolls tongue*

August 21, 2007 3:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home