I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why do you do stupid things?

There are many types of people that bother me: young, old, tall, short, pretty, ugly, and everyone in-between. Their commonality - in relation to me - is they’re strangers, and I like to keep it that way.

But, the one person who I can’t stand is the kind (I personally know) that does stupid things and knows he/she does stupid things. That’s not it, though. They do stupid things on repeat. Over and over, again. It’s like they only have amnesiac tendencies for idiocy.

These lines are often repeated…

I don’t know why I keep on falling for jerks.
I don’t know why I’m hung over after only drinking for several hours.

I don’t know why I can’t lose weight when I eat crap and don't exercise.
I don’t know why I'm sick in the winter when I wear no warm clothes.

Chances are, everyone knows someone who is like this. And, if they don’t, then they’re one of them and don't realize it (because they're also members of the club).

What can you do? Nothing.

Most of them (if not all of them) are lost causes. You can teach them tips of the trade, but it won’t make a difference. And, that’s terrible because you want to help them, but they don’t – not can’t – help themselves because they are programmed not to.

And, to me, that's not stupid, but unfortunate.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Common sense is not common, you know.

Actually, I enjoy stupid people. They make me feel superior.

The best thing to do is use them for entertainment purposes.

The weight loss babies are the worst. It's just a matter of discipline. And being there to slap the cheese fries out of their hands.

January 31, 2008 8:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What one may lack in some areas, they excel in others...Everybody has done/said stupid things...Maybe it's easier for them to coast in life on ignorance.

best,
a.

January 31, 2008 9:43 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

yeah stupid people suck. and theyre stupid!

January 31, 2008 11:52 am  
Blogger Doghigh said...

I've done this at times in my life.

I know it is stupid to do things on repeat but sometimes cycles are hard to break. Having said that I usually only talk about such things in my journal. Talking about them out loud would just make me sound pathetic...maybe that awareness is my saving grace, who knows.

But fair call today, my friend.

January 31, 2008 12:12 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I'm right there with you. Totally. And it's odd to me that the people who are in the middle of these sorts of troubles are precisely the ones that TALK about them and MAKE COMMENTS about them, over and over and over, ad nauseum. And you know, the rest of us are looking at them and thinking "Yeah, we know that already." The wheels continue to spin, and spin. Until they're in the ditch.

January 31, 2008 12:21 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

I don't know why I keep coming back to Human Nature over and over and over again when there is so much good stuff to read on the internet, especially at xtube.com.

January 31, 2008 7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Read at Xtube - lol - good one Random thinker!

You know, I do believe I know a couple like that. Course, there always is a part of me that asks myself if I'm guilty of the same damn thing!

Stupid people don't make me feel superior. They just give me headaches!!!!

February 01, 2008 3:44 am  
Blogger john said...

I know a lot of people like that. There is really nothing you can do. No matter what you say to them, it does in one ear and out the other. It frankly gets tiring listening to them.

February 02, 2008 12:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home