I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two weeks notice

Things have been going pretty well with me and R. We get along great, have similar tastes in almost everything and also like each other (which is always a plus).

For the past several weeks, we've been planning a weekend together. Just the two of us, going out and doing stuff that we wouldn't normally do alone. R would be coming in from out of town and we'd meet in the city. I even cleared my schedule, so nothing would interfere with our fun time.

Then, the plans changed.

R gets the opportunity to get paid overtime on the weekend. I don't have a major problem with this (especially since R would be driving from out of town, and gas isn't cheap). If I got paid overtime, I'd work as much as I can. So, what was originally planned for one weekend, was shifted to the next one.

Then, the plans changed... again.

On Thursday, I'm talking to R and mention the weekend. I have a couple of ideas of things we can do and wanted to know what would R be arriving. An excuse comes a bit too quickly: not coming, have other things planned. I know what this means because I've heard it all before; these "plans" entail other friends, and being drunk for two days.

Because I'm already irritable from a long and stressful week at work, I respond with something R doesn't like. Basically, I snap back, saying if R really liked me, then I'd be put first for once. I don't have time for this shit. I don't have time to wait to wait around. And, I don't have two weeks notice to sit on my ass.

Note: This post is brought to you by WTF Wednesdays.

14 Comments:

Blogger Volker said...

Wouldn't hearing him out first instead of snapping at him have been more positive in the long run than what transpired? Having irritability from work spilling over into your personal life isn't a good thing but its your life and you have to decide what is best for you. A thought anyway. - Volker

August 13, 2008 12:49 am  
Blogger WTWTG said...

hmmm...is the sex worth it?

August 13, 2008 3:26 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to follow Monday's post and lower your expectations.

Gonzo

August 13, 2008 5:33 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

guess the wedding is off.

August 13, 2008 10:47 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i hate dating.

August 13, 2008 11:17 am  
Blogger Steve said...

Gah! What fuckwitage. Alas, another opportunity down the tubes...

Oh, since he is from out of town, he probably does mean drunk for two days; Listerine hangovers are a bitch.

August 13, 2008 3:26 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

Good for you for snapping back...only the BEST for you will EVER do my friend!

August 13, 2008 4:15 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Ugh. That sucks ass big time...and not in a good way. Sorry!

August 13, 2008 6:19 pm  
Blogger Franciscus van Munster said...

We all deserve to be someone's number 1 priority

August 14, 2008 5:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess you're right when you said that we both had the same weekends.

I say screw the guys we're into and you and I should just hang out. Problem solved.

August 14, 2008 9:37 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

Despite this posting, I see you've changed ur status on Facebook, so things must be looking up!

August 14, 2008 12:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since I've been around here. I see you've got a somewhat provocative photo up there, why the blur?

August 14, 2008 7:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking to be important every now and again. If you don't get to see each other, then what the hell is the point? Ya know?

August 14, 2008 8:49 pm  
Blogger Kenneth said...

Hey Steven,

If you guys are getting along great, and it's headed towards relationship-ville, I think (again, it's my own view) that:

a. He needs to come up with a better explanation for not putting you first.

b. You may want to listen to what his reasonings are for giving you '2 weeks notice'.

:)

Cheerios.

August 18, 2008 4:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home