I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Back to beauty school

Today, I go back to school. It's not a regular school. True, there are desks and an instructor, but there aren't any final exams and diplomas aren't given out upon completion of the course. In fact, the only thing I have to do is show up.

What's the problem with that? It's beauty school.

To keep up to date with a multi-billion dollar client's philosophy and product lines, everyone who works on the account has to go back to school to learn (and sometimes re-learn) about the company.

So, why am I stressed? My appearance isn't up-to-par.

On the weekend, I got my hair cut, did an at home facial, had a manicure, scrubbed and moisturized, and got a little sun because I like my skin to resemble the colour of cocoa.

Why did I go through all of that? To belong.

It's like spending time with Amy Winehouse. You'd only feel out of place if you didn't wear a beehive, black eyeliner, became anorexic, reeked of cigarettes and urine, and had a crackpipe nestled in the corner of your mouth.

No matter what happens, I have to do well. I have to pass with flying colours, just to show everyone I know what I'm talking about when I open my mouth.

But, I hope I don't end up a beauty school dropout.

5 Comments:

Blogger R said...

I have a job interview tomorrow and I find myself going through all the same steps. In this case,it is to impress the people who know us best...why?

July 28, 2008 1:07 pm  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

I don't think Amy Winehouse is anorexic, per se, I think the crack just keeps her thin.

July 28, 2008 3:47 pm  
Blogger S said...

Tomorrow, I go back for day two.

There's even homework.

I feel like I'm back in university (only more moisturized).

July 28, 2008 10:06 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

perhaps you've found your calling. wouldn't the world be a better place if you could spread your beauty secrets with the rest of us?

that is until you start losing your hair, and your metabolism goes 180 degrees and you end up like most other middle aged men.

Oh wait, you're stopping the clock at 29, right?

July 29, 2008 9:12 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I thought you were going to quite your job and become a hairdresser. Whew. Dodged a bullet there.

July 29, 2008 11:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home