I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It's an age thing

While S and I are sitting at Lettieri, shooting the shit about a variety of subjects, he brings up the topic of age. To be specific, he brings up the topic of ageism and how it can even affect those who aren’t old.

His point is that people his age aren’t attracted to him, even though he has a lot of things going for him. He says they are looking for someone older and wiser (and probably wealthier) to date. While S has no problem with the fact they can choose who they want to date, he does have a problem with others purposely ignoring a section of the population simply because of a number.

I know what he’s talking about because I’ve been there.

For some reason, I tend to attract those who are a bit younger, or a bit older than me. Why?

Here are a few assumptions...

The younger ones see me as a more stable version of the less mature ilk of their age group. Because I don’t look like an old man, they feel like they get the best of both worlds: sorta smart, and sorta cute.

The older ones see me as a piece of ass who has level head on his shoulders and can carry off an intelligent conversation. Also, they don’t mind showing me around to their friends, like an anatomically-correct doll.

That leaves the ones my age; the ones who couldn’t give a crap about me. They take a pass because they’re busy whoring around, looking for the next hook up, while complaining (at least, to me) about how they can never find anyone because they’re such a catch and anyone would be lucky to have them.

Then again, I'm just assuming - no one wants me, no matter what their age.

10 Comments:

Blogger WTWTG said...

awww, I'll take u. Wait, but I'm only seventeen..is that against the law in Canada?

July 30, 2008 12:09 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, if some folks have problem with a number (age, dick size, banck account)... then they are someone you do not want to date anyway... i think if you connect with someone it will be right off the bat and you will know... so play the field and when someone does not ask you how old you are, how much you make and how large your crotch is, then you have someone... yet, they may be a bit crazy...hmmm... be careful and just have some fun in life... when it happens it will happen... smooches from down south

July 30, 2008 12:34 am  
Blogger Brice said...

I think we're in the same demographic.

July 30, 2008 8:41 am  
Blogger Gavin said...

I hear ya!

July 30, 2008 9:07 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

wait a few years, the younger ones will catch up to you.

maybe you should pick a week in an upcoming month and act like others your age... basically go whoring around. then you can complain to all of us.

btw, you're so modest... "sorta smart, and sorta cute"

July 30, 2008 9:15 am  
Blogger Naijadude said...

Same demogrpahic here buddy! You are not alone out there... My suggestion is "Stop whoring around" , someone cool is around the corner and no, you are not meeting him at the bath-house!! haha

July 30, 2008 12:08 pm  
Blogger dit said...

I say you make some really great points, until the last part of the last sentence.

"no one wants me, no matter what their age."

I find it difficult to believe. Not intending to say it is easy to find someone. You are smart and people like you. 8-)

July 30, 2008 8:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, when you hit my age prety much everyone is younger than you.

July 30, 2008 9:45 pm  
Blogger Volker said...

I am older than my partner and we're both fine with it (why should it matter!). We both love and respect each other plus each of us have something of value to contribute to our relationship. We each gain from the strengths in the other. I'll have more to say on that in our blog. Keep reading! - Volker

July 31, 2008 12:27 am  
Blogger Steve said...

Well, I guess the day will come when I guys my age will want to date me...only then they won't be my age any more...

Seriously, I guess you've hit an interesting question: Are we only attracted to those outside our sphere? Why is it that people older and younger than you are interested in you (albeit for different reasons), but people your own age seem oblivious to your existence? Do gay guys ever wind up dating within their own age, plus/minus a year or two?

And don't be so full of shit, of course people want you. I'm not going to preach about what's 'just around the corner', but c'mon, you admit a few lines before that there are lots of boys interested...just not your age.

July 31, 2008 2:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home