I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bail out

There are several things that bother me, but one of them I can’t stand is when people bail out on me. Sometimes it’s a logical reason, and sometimes it’s not. While I cannot strangle these bailers in person (that’s done behind closed doors), I do want to ask them why they bail out on me.

True, they don’t owe me anything, but they could show some common decency. The total disregard for someone else and the lack of manners pisses me off. I’d rather have them say they cannot meet me instead of leaving me hanging on, checking my phone for a text or message every few minutes (they don’t check their phone because they know I’m the guy calling them every few minutes).

If I want to do something with you and clear my schedule to spend time with you, then why would you string me along and have me wait for you when you have no intention of ever showing up? That’s a question I don’t have an answer for.

As a form of karma, I could stand them up and bail out on them, but that would only bring me down to their level and I don’t want to do that because that would only make me more of an asshole then they are. And, I'm just too classy for that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Chapman said...

I don't remember someone not turning up, other than due to a mix up with times/location.

If someone did that to me now, simply because they changed their mind, I would never invite them out again.

August 27, 2009 3:51 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i dont know if i would call you classy. ;)

but if youve people in your life that dont give you the common courtesy of a call. off with their heads. or at least out of your life.

August 27, 2009 9:07 am  
Blogger dit said...

about a boy has good advice. Perhaps its time to clean the friendship drawer?

August 28, 2009 12:15 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

you sing it sister!!

i am currently not being spoken to by a friend because i had the audacity to tell him i was upset that he made me wait all night for him to go do something, when our plans were for "after dinner" Hmm, would u consider 9:30pm on a Sunday night to be "after dinner"? Or is it just me? Anyway, now i'm getting the silent treatment from him for daring to be honest with him.

Seriously, I don't need that shit in my life. Right??

Oh and did I mention the time he made me go buy concert tickets and then a week before the show, he bailed on me cause his partner didn't want him to go??? Oh no, don't worry about me having to scalp the tickets and missing out on a concert I wanted to see. Nah, don't mind me at all.

I can't wait to drink with you.

September 01, 2009 12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home