I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chasing cars, redux

For several years, I haven’t been able to listen to the song “Chasing Cars” by Snow Patrol because of its association of someone I know/knew. Whenever the first notes emitted from a speaker, I’d turn it off.

One day, while walking down Queen Street, I heard the song blaring from within a storefront that had its doors open. I couldn’t turn it off and I didn’t care. It was the first time I could hear the song without wanting to hope for a case of short-term deafness.

I had moved on and was in a happier place in my life. No longer did I associate the song with that someone I know/knew, but with a song from a group who is destined to be a one-hit wonder.

And as I kept on walking, the sun shined in my face and I smiled because I knew it no longer affected me the way it did before. I moved on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, it's nice when you just don't care anymore... Shame it usually takes so long to get to that stage :(

August 20, 2009 6:20 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i associate that song with a horrid show on tv about a hospital in Seattle.

August 21, 2009 6:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home