I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, February 22, 2010

They always come back

As I’m sitting in front of my laptop, working away, I turn on my msn on to see if I get any new emails. In a few seconds, I get an instant message from S, an ex. I haven’t heard a peep from S in a long time.

The conversation doesn’t feel laboured, although at times I wonder why S even bothered to communicate with me. You have a boyfriend, talk to him; that’s why he’s there. I don’t do surrogacy relationships.

A couple of days after, I get a random text from S. It’s odd because it’s in the middle of a Sunday.

Hey. What are you up to today?

My reply is that I’m out on a date and I couldn’t reply sooner because it would be rude. S’s response is that the rain is putting a damper on the day.

Go tell that to your boyfriend, I think. That’s not my problem.

Not long after, I’m chatting with my friend C about his day and he asks me about what went on in my week. I tell him and he’s not surprised.

“They always come back,” says C.

“Yeah, but why? And do I want them to come back? Is this some sort of sign? And should I pay attention to it?”

The main reason why they come back is because they want something from me (attention, affirmation, a reminder that I was the best thing in their lives before they threw it away in a fit of idiocy and irrational thought). I don't think it's random. There's a purpose behind their actions.

So what do I do? I’m not sure. All I know is my msn keeps on popping up with S writing me, asking me how I’m doing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hm, What? said...

Who is this S? I'll take care of 'em. Gr.

;-)

February 22, 2010 7:37 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

I just ran into my very first boyfriend after 22 years.

February 22, 2010 9:00 am  
Blogger Marquis said...

They just won't stay gone. Need the attention is seems like.

February 22, 2010 10:26 pm  
Blogger Dean Grey said...

If you're interested in seeing him again then keep the communication open. If not, gently let him know that you've moved on that you'd like him to do the same.

Good luck!

-Dean

March 07, 2010 4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no idea abt ur situation but many relationships end without a closure. no point in finding any ones faults but sometimes people do come back to prove that the person they were dating or in 'love' with was really a 'loser'. it is ok to pat one's own back but it is also good to live in reality. we r human and mistakes do happen and whatever the reason may be it is the fault of both when there is a breakup. so before pointing a finger at ur ex do also remember that there r fingers being pointed at u also. forgive and bring a closure to the situation rather than being cocky abt it.

March 11, 2010 11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home