I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine’s Day is around the corner

Valentine’s Day is around the corner and I couldn’t help but not want to turn that corner because I know what’s there. Because I’m single on this February 14, there will be nothing waiting for me. Tradition, I guess.

Last year was mostly a romantic day. It was spent in New York. The weather was sunny. Lunch was eaten at Pastis. Shopping was done in the Village. And, a massive fight was started in SoHo because of an incredibly selfish act (done by someone who wasn’t me). The rest of the day was a wash because of the argument between someone who would do anything for the happiness of another, and someone who wouldn’t acknowledge everything the other one did for them.

I don’t want that this year, but I also don’t want to be alone.

Yes, Valentine’s Day is a day like any other but the whole point of it is to enjoy it with someone you love. I have a hard time finding someone to spend my days with someone I like, but that’s another story.

There won’t be any cards, flowers, chocolates, or romantic dinners/walks/etc. for me this year, but it’s not like I’ve had that in years past. I’ll partake in the day like everyone else who is single. It’s not like I haven’t done it for over 20 years. Maybe that can be my tradition on the 14th of February.

8 Comments:

Blogger Brand New W said...

it's also Chinese New Year that day so maybe you can celebrate that instead!! Happy New Year!

February 13, 2010 1:09 am  
Blogger Princessa lil mexico said...

Valentine's day in not meant to be spent just with someone you love, but with also the people you love. You can still have a nice dinner or walk with friends. Do something nice for yourself. Go see a movie, buy yourself a flower or next year give me your address, I'll send you a card! Have a great day and do something nice. You deserve it!

February 13, 2010 11:04 am  
Blogger S said...

Oh yeah, there's a holiday on Monday (Family Day in Ontario).

Three day weekend!

February 14, 2010 12:28 am  
Anonymous Jake said...

You know I would be there if I could.

February 14, 2010 8:59 am  
Blogger asiancolossus said...

Happy Valentine's day man, we Canadians have to stick together :)

February 14, 2010 10:34 am  
Blogger drew said...

I want to wish you a Happy Valentine's Day. I read your post and wanted you to know that we in the US love you as well!! :)

February 14, 2010 4:34 pm  
Blogger Marquis said...

Happy Valentine's Day "Cananda". You have alot to offer someone who is going respect you. He might be closer than you know.

February 14, 2010 7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can understand that u r in pain and hurting but also do understand that u have brought this pain upon ur own self. why do u have to love someone and then be expecting him to acknowledge it? r u loving the person bcoz u want self gratification of being so noble and caring and loving and having everything that a loving husband should have? or r u loving the person just for 'love'? u can be the sun in ur own solar system but that wont give u any warmth. u can feel love only by loving ur own self and ur partner as one. when u buy something for ur self u do not thank ur self and the same applies for ur loved one too. if u want this 'thanks' and 'appreciation' then u better just have a dog bcoz that's what u r looking forward too. look inside u and see what u really want bcoz u r so caught up in the pretentious and artificial world that u r losing sight of who u are. i know that u r a lovely person with a beautiful heart but also know that u r in pain. love urself and open up to being a real human being. will say a prayer for u. stay happy always and don't complain. just love.

March 11, 2010 11:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home