I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, January 20, 2006

Flirt

To flirt is to “show sexual interest in (a person) without any serious intent” as per the definition in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary.

Really. No, really?

Shouldn’t the definition include anything about showing interest with the desire of wanting more, uh, interest?

It doesn’t mean it has to be sexual. But, don’t get me wrong. Believe me, I’ve compromised my virtue many a time to get my Blizzard topped off.

And, what exactly is "showing interest"?

Is it smouldering eye contact, whispering seductive words, whipped cream and a set of handcuffs?

Sorry, just reminiscing about the Dairy Queen thing, again…

Personally, I’ve been on the giving and receiving end. Sometimes it’s so blatantly obvious that you need a tissue afterwards to clean yourself up, and other times you’re so oblivious that you require orange pylons and a traffic controller to give you a sense of direction.

If only things were simple.

Which reminds me, how you doin’?

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

I flirt a lot ... frequently without intent. I'm not sure if when the intent is there if it still constitutes flirting, but I do it then ,too.

Regardless, it's a lot of fun when you find someone who flirts back.

Wouldn't you agree?

January 20, 2006 12:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's fine by me. Let'er rip and hose me off when you're through. I'm seriously think my knotty business is going to heal over if someone doesn't take an interest in my aging ass.
kb

January 22, 2006 11:47 am  
Blogger jjd said...

six shooter flirts??? I would have never guessed :-)

January 24, 2006 4:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home