I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Squished

While I’m on the phone with E, I joke that he's not good at multitasking when he tells me he’s not able to do more than one thing at once, especially when it comes to walking and scoping out the latest hottie on the street.

A few moments later - while I’m dodging people left and right on the busy sidewalks of Yonge Street - my foot slips and I wobble into the street. Jumping back onto the sidewalk, a transit bus whooshes by, making my coat open and my hair fly to the side, missing my head by mere inches.

“Oh. My. God.” I interrupt E mid-sentence.

E stops talking. “What?” he asks.

“I almost got killed by a transit bus.”

“You what?”

“Killed. I just slipped off the sidewalk, and two seconds after I got back on it, the bus just zipped by my head, missing it by inches.”

“Are you ok?” he asks, worried.

“Yeah. More in shock than anything else.” I run my fingers through my hair. “Which reminds me, if you ever hear a crash, followed by a series of crunches, it’ll probably be me, being squished by a bus.”

As I carry on down the street, I can't help that I just cheated death by transit. Even though I made a comment on how E can’t walk and scope at the same time, turns out I can’t walk without getting killed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... I have problems multi-tasking sometimes too... but have not fallen in front of a bus...

March 29, 2007 7:41 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

So, what if you hadn't stepped back up on the curb in time.....wonder if the bus was prepared to stop or not......
I knew a couple who were both disabled for life (wheelchairs for both) from a car jumping the curb and actually hitting them both on the sidewalk. I prefer back roads. No sidewalks. No buses.

March 29, 2007 10:37 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This E guy sounds like trouble. You should launch an investigation to find out if he planned that near-death experience.

March 29, 2007 11:54 am  
Blogger jetboy747 said...

TTC bastards. I almost got hit a subway once.

Well, I really needed that quarter.

Oh, and after riding the Spadina streetcar and smelling people's arm pits in my face on a lovely humid July afternoon, I almost jumped in front of it.

March 29, 2007 3:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home