I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mental state of attraction

From a young age, my parents told me how I acted towards others affected the way they acted towards me. If I was a good and honest person, then others would be good and honest. If I was a bad and dishonest person, then others would act like conservative politicians.

But, there's a problem with this way of thinking, especially when it comes to people you're attracted to. Even if you're the greatest catch, it doesn't mean there will be a bunch of fish you'll have to throw back into the water.

If I take a closer look, it appears that I'm attracted to a variety of types: alcoholics, druggies, criminals, adulterers, sex workers/addicts, the sexually/emotionally/physically abused, psychos, patholigical liars, racists, bigots, idiots, the insane, etc.

Apparantly, I'm all of these things because that's what I outwardly project. I always thought I was kinda normal. Turns out, I'm not.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marquis said...

What is normal these days anyway? I think at some point in our lives we have what a call the Freak-o-Meter. Every serious disfunctional person are attacted to you. Gotta love it! Nice blog btw.

April 05, 2007 12:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey... I resemble most of those types... hehehe...maybe not...but we all seem to attract some wierdos from time to time to time to time...hehee Hang in there!

April 05, 2007 7:46 am  
Blogger S.B. said...

Well, sex addicts can be fun for a while. The same for idiots. At least you can get a few laughs in.

April 05, 2007 10:08 am  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Gosh, I'm at a loss here. i thought you WERE NORMAL. You always told me you were. And now, this sex addict thing. The image has been tarnished.

April 05, 2007 10:41 am  
Blogger Naijadude said...

Hmm it happens, sometimes you look at who is attracted to you and I just go like I cant fathom how that is...

But for real, I do have a good laugh but its sad and annoying most times when they get stalker-ish!...arrggh

April 05, 2007 10:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Lewis. Not really sure what to say about this. You *seem* normal. Hmmm...sex addict you say?

April 06, 2007 12:39 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

have we been dating the same people?

April 09, 2007 10:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home