I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Chocolatey goodness

Every year, around the same time, I make my trek to Wal-Mart to perform a series of duties that require my full attention. It’s sets the stage for the next six months of my life, and is an incredibly important event.

I’m talking about buying Hallowe’en chocolates.

Since I didn’t care for dressing up every year on October 31st, my parents would buy me a bag of mixed candies/chocolates, and let me stay home. It didn’t require them worrying about my whereabouts, and I was safe. Also, I didn’t have to walk around in the cold (remember, this was before global warming), and I got the best stash without having to exert myself in any way.

Now, I make my pilgrimage to the big box store to stack up on what will become a daily dailliance: eating chocolate.

If I don’t get enough of it, it won’t last until Christmas. If I do, then the Christmas chocolate will last until the beginning of the year when I get Valentine’s Day hearts. When that stash is finished, there comes Easter and the gamut of chocolate eggs.

Of course, I’ll need a respite from all of that for the other six months of the year when I’ll be burning off the 15 pounds I would’ve gained after eating chocolate for the previous six.

Anyone want a piece?

9 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

Are you sure it was you didn't care for it or that mommy was too scared to let you out? lol.

October 22, 2007 7:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once you start down the path of the sweet treats, forever (until New Year's) will it dominate your diet.

That's why I try very hard (and do) to stay away from all of it.

Not easy, though.

Oh yeah, you're 4 days late!

October 22, 2007 7:10 am  
Blogger Timmy said...

I think you need an intervention. I am very concerned.

October 22, 2007 7:24 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I would recommend the South Beach Diet for getting back down to fighting weight, plus a rigorous workout regimen.

October 22, 2007 9:26 am  
Blogger Chris said...

And yes, I would like a piece. I prefer dark chocolate, but no caramel. That's disgusting.

October 22, 2007 9:27 am  
Blogger Nick Moretti said...

Dude! Back away from the chololate!

October 22, 2007 9:48 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i love chocolate.

October 22, 2007 11:37 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

phew, and here i thought you were gonna get naked and cover yourself in chocolate...

October 22, 2007 4:57 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

You look ecstatic with choco-happiness!...Cute pic!!

October 22, 2007 9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home