I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Um thick

There comes a point in the season that’s inevitable to escape. This point marks the first concession where you have to relinquish shorts, t-shirts, and flip-flops and throw on something warmer because if you don’t you’ll catch a cold.

And, it just happened to me.

Since yesterday, I’ve been sneezing and coughing, my body aches, my head thuds, my eyes burn, my throat is dry, my tongue feels fat, I’m thirsty, I’m lethargic and sleepy, and yet, I remain incredibly hot… although that’s probably due to the fever.

The reason for my cold could be one of three situations:

I was cold from the damp and rainy weather all week and didn't wear a warm jacket when outside. Sadly, it was even fuckin' colder at night, and I forgot to add any blankets to my bed.

I was at my niece’s birthday where there were a ton of snot-nosed little rugrats running around, spreading germs, and rubbing themselves all over any object while at the jungle-gym party location.

I was walking around the city, with the crisp air wafting through my newly-shorn locks, after a lovely dinner on Saturday night because I thought it was like a scene from a French film and I didn’t want the romantic feeling to end.

Whatever the reason, I don't look half-bad.

Must be the fever talking again...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't touch anything!
the best part about the new fall/winter season is that the clothes we layer have sleeves that you can use for handling doorknobs, rails, and handles.
never rub your eyes, don't touch anything outside your own home... and use your knuckles for atm/debit keypads and elevator buttons.
take the free flu shot, and carry the travel size purell just incase.
and don't touch anything!

October 16, 2007 9:36 am  
Blogger Dead Robot said...

The other day on the subway, a woman sneezed in my direction while I was yawning.

If/when the H5N1 virus jumps from birds to humans, we're screwed.

October 16, 2007 10:54 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

Karma... its a bitch.

that little varmint on the escalator got you infected!

of course, maybe if there were some frenching in your french film, then maybe that's why you're sick.

feel better.

October 16, 2007 11:40 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i think you are sick. period. but you definitely dont look half bad.

October 16, 2007 3:11 pm  
Blogger S.B. said...

Awwww....feel better handsome

October 16, 2007 4:05 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

ColdFX.

I was sick the first week of September, and then again a few weeks ago.

My t-shirts and shorts have long been packed away...

get well soon!

October 16, 2007 4:58 pm  
Blogger Naijadude said...

I bet it is the cold!
Go get some more blanket eh!

Speaking of which, reminds me of when I went swimming at an apartment right off church and wellesley and I was down with all sort of symptoms the next day, I swear I would never go swimming in a gay building anymore...lol

October 16, 2007 5:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home