I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Catching something from someone else

There is nothing that prepares you for the worst. You can read all the books and go through all the studies, but it’s worthless. And, when it happens, it comes as a total surprise.

When it comes to health issues, I’m always careful. Neurotically, so. I even double-up if necessary. But, I guess this is what happens when you go out and have fun with random strangers – you’re punished.

**

The night starts off with a degree of normalcy at the Umbra event. Karim Rashid is in town and the store is having a shindig to celebrate his arrival. The plastic store is filled with plastic people as the night treads along at a slow pace. The only form of excitement comes when a guest drops a glass on the floor.

Lucky for me, I have M around to keep me company. It’s platonic between us, but there’s some touching that I think might bite me on the ass later on in the night.

After dinner, shopping, and coffee, I drop by M’s house. He shows me around, and the next hour is a blur. When I look at the clock, I tell him I have to leave because I have to wake up fairly early.

By the next morning, I’m not feeling too well. There’s a burning inside, and it hurts when I pee. Why does it hurt when I pee? What is going on? Oh dear God. The random people. The physical contact. The bodily fluids. Ugh. Am I being punished for going out and having fun with people I'll forget in the morning?

The last thing I want to do is go to my doctor because he’ll end up giving me the face that translates to the look that means Shouldn’t you know by now? and I don’t want to deal with that while I feel this way.

For the rest of the day, I spend in the dark, hoping that it will go away. Prayer becomes a friend of mine, as I will whatever I have to go away. Besides the burning sensations, now there’s an itch that would not go away. Scratching is evident. The redness does not subside. It hurts and it burns.

It’s a fact that I was being punished for what I did on the weekend. I was careless and now I have to deal with the consequences, no matter how bad I feel.

Fuck. I hate catching colds from someone else.

10 Comments:

Blogger Random Thinker said...

ughhh.. i feel your pain.

pounding head, throbbing sinuses, congested, voice cracking, eyes watery. yuck.

feel better. so far mine has lasted 6 days.

November 12, 2007 9:07 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

COLD? Good lord...I thought your penis was going to drop off. Honey I've got your back and a ziploc bag if it does.
Hugs,
kb

p.s. I have also been infected after a rather satisfying game of tonsil hockey. And yes, I won.

November 12, 2007 9:19 am  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, you need to find these people and kill them. It's clearly the only solution.

November 12, 2007 9:49 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

hmmm. why does it hurt when you pee?

November 12, 2007 10:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm you might want to bite the bullet and get your ass...er..penis to the doctors!

November 12, 2007 10:47 am  
Blogger DavisMcDavis said...

If it hurts when you pee it's not a cold.

November 12, 2007 12:29 pm  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Good grief, since when does a cold hurt when you pee, what are you doing, peeing through your nose!?! O_O Does not sound good Steven, go see a Doc. You don't want a kidney infection or something else.

Steven

November 12, 2007 2:10 pm  
Blogger A Lewis said...

Bad boy. Bad, bad boy.

November 12, 2007 7:38 pm  
Blogger Christopher said...

You naughty Canadian!...get thee to a Doc asap (for the painful pissing)!

November 13, 2007 3:50 am  
Blogger RomanHans said...

If a cold makes peeing painful, I'd hate to see what a cough would do.

November 13, 2007 2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home