I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Scrubbing toilets

While perusing the Internet, I sometimes come across the lives of some who are well off. It's a fabulous life that they lead: travel at a whim’s notice, go to great parties, meet interesting people, and of course, do all of the above while wearing the latest of designer duds.

But, on closer inspection, you can see the money tree doesn't grow in their backyard.

They're not raking in the dough at their jobs. Many of them do not have jobs that pay more than six figures. In fact, many of them make about the same as me. Yet, when they spend, they spend big (creditors must love them).

How do they do it? Do they produce twenties on their HP printer? Are they blackmailing someone? Are they committing fraud? Do they have a sugar daddy/mommy to keep them living the life they’ve grown accustomed to even though they probably grew up in Bumfuck, Nowhere?

Nah. I'm thinking it's their connections. They know someone who knows someone who knows someone who happens to own a yacht, and lucky for them, they happen to be there with their brand spankin' new digital camera (courtesy of VISA) to capture the memories that are fleeting before the Queen Mary Jr. docks.

I have to get my ass in gear and find someone who knows someone who knows someone who can get me a job cleaning the toilets of these rich people. I mean, that's gotta pay, like, $20/hr, right?

Cha-ching!

10 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

A friend of mine once said, "Who would want to take care of a yacht? The better way is to become friends with a yacht owner."

Sage advice.

October 30, 2007 6:51 am  
Blogger Chris said...

You seem more the poolboy type, so I'd go that route.

October 30, 2007 11:27 am  
Blogger Sooo-this-is-me said...

Well that is kind of like then some guys make fun of my little Focus that I drive, I always remind them of the old saying. The bigger the car a guy drives, the smaller the......! ; )

Steven.

October 30, 2007 12:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt they need a toilet cleaner because if they are as rich as they appear then you can bet that they have self cleaning shitters.

October 30, 2007 5:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better still...there's bound to be some quarters tucked under the rim of the bowl.

October 30, 2007 5:27 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

you could become a lawnboy... it worked on Desparate Housewives...

October 30, 2007 5:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd go for poolboy and leave cleaning toilets for Paris and Nicole during their hour and a half stints in jail.

October 30, 2007 8:43 pm  
Blogger Pen and Ink said...

You know that I need a houseboy/pool boy. When are you sending in your application?

October 30, 2007 8:49 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

they're maxed out on all their forms of credit, and they're one missed mortgage payment away from foreclosure

the North American economy is fueled by consumer debt

it's probably not going to turn out well

October 30, 2007 9:13 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think all of them are poor at finances... I think it's the hook-up and I think it's just wise spending... I know that I've learned to if I skip seven lattes in one week that is $40.00 saved and if you multiple that and put it in your savings... dude that some money in the bank to go on a trip--also, I think they are spies.

Just saying.

October 31, 2007 11:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home