I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Paralyzed and analyzed

Every once in a while, someone writes a comment that puts a smile on my face. It’s not always the same person, and it’s not always a positive comment.

In fact, there was one comment that someone wrote that made me bust out in giggles. It was the most erroneous thing about me I’ve ever come across. Even though this person knows nothing about me, they felt it was their right to psychoanalyze and insult me by saying I’m judgemental by embodying a hatred of others. To put it in layman terms, I was being called a racist.

To some, that would be a shocker, something to be paralyzed about. For me, it was a case to smirk and raise an eyebrow.

First, for those who know me (and there are very few who do), know that I have a psychology degree. A study of mine has been published. And, I continually review reports and keep up on the trends of the field. So, to psychoanalyze a psychology major - when they aren't a psychologist themselves - is pretty inane, especially if they know nothing about the other person.

Second, for those who know me (and a little bit about my background), would know that I am not white. In fact, if you look back a few generations, you would see there's a whole lot of colour there. So, to say that I am a racist against my people would not only make me a hypocrite but also a bigot (amongst other hurtful things).

Lastly, don’t bother to point a finger at me when the finger should be pointed at you. If I was a judgemental person, I'd tell that commenter to take a good look in the mirror, but I'm not going to because that's not the sort of person I am.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebel Yankee said...

Dude, learn to rude! I was saying you hated whitey!
;-)

October 23, 2007 8:55 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

that's why i love you... you always take the high road, never insulting, always sharing more of yourself than you get back.

why can't wall all just get along?

October 23, 2007 10:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home