I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Do single people have better stories?

While persuing my list of daily reads, there are always a few that peak my interest more than others simply because of the people who are behind these sites. Quite often, their lives are full of interesting experiences that perk my brain into reading more, and knowing more about them.

And, they’re usually single.

Because they don’t – normally – have the additional responsilities of partners/spouses/children, they’re able to live their lives for themselves. It may sound selfish, but they’re single, not martyrs.

At the drop of a hat, they’re able to do what they want and go where they please, without having to check in. You read of great parties, dating horrors, amazing trips, and all of the fabulous people associated with them. You can just imagine them regaling others at a soiree with tales of their escapades. It’s like a Jackie Collins novel coming to life.

It’s not to say that those who are coupled/married are bores. They tend to go on about the same things, and most of them involves their families (and mortgages - yawn). Personally, I find a poo story or renovation-gone-wild excerpt more entertaining than someone’s weekend of binge drinking.

Of course, those that I do read, I read them for a reason. They are interesting in their own way. If I didn’t like them, I wouldn’t read them, at all.

Single, or not single, it’s all a wash in the end. No matter your relationship status, if you’re boring, you’re boring. And, that's even worse than being married.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Well, I'm not single, and my life is kinda boring sometimes, but I would take boring over screaming children any day.

And I want to know what blogs you read because I know you have good taste.

October 26, 2007 9:38 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

eeek! im single. and my life is boring. but i dont mind. i like it that way.

for now.

October 26, 2007 11:10 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

so, what are you trying to say? that you find me boring? and you're gonna stop reading my blog? Go ahead and come out with it. I know you're talking about me, aren't you!

dammit, I can't help what I am. stop trying to make me change.

October 26, 2007 12:33 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

hmm, i wish i could blog about what REALLY happens in my life... then maybe just maybe u'd be hooked... i should start a separate blog... in fact, i already have one... 8O

October 26, 2007 12:46 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhmmm due to the fact that you (sometimes)comment on my site I know that you read ....but don't know if you read daily ....I hope not since I haven't posted in a bit.I would hate to know that I am wasting your time . :)

P.S. Yeah I know I am boring and married but I would take that anyday over being single again. I'm just sayin'

October 26, 2007 6:56 pm  
Blogger S said...

Swear to God, I should just post a list of names of sites I visit that I enjoy. LOL.

Will that mea culpa stop the litany of e-mails?

October 26, 2007 8:25 pm  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

my site better be in that list, and THEN i'll stop email harassing you

October 27, 2007 12:54 am  
Blogger R said...

You're right - boring is boring and I try not to be. Good writing can make even the most mundane tale lively, but we all have our own taste which leads to some loving Charles Dickens, others Stephen King, and still others in a steamy Danielle Steele.

I for one enjoy my periodic bits of Steven.

October 28, 2007 10:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know plenty of boring people who are single.

True, they may have a bit more freedom than your standard married person,but that doesn't mean they have more fun.

Life is what you make it...single or not!

October 29, 2007 6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home