I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Stop complaining

People should stop complaining for what they don’t have and focus on what they do. All of it is negative, and none of it is positive.

For example, last week I complained about a couple of situations in my life that are in desperate need of being rectified. I spoke of my past and my present, and said that my future should reflect all of my hard work up to that point. Of course, I received a couple of - paraphrased - comments telling me to shut up and quit bitching because I don't have it that bad. They're right, but I feel better after complaining. Doesn't anyone?

It's true that my employment situation varies, but it’s something I love to do. There is money in the bank, and I am not dead-ass broke like last year (or living under a bridge - yet). The list of friends is growing after a series of people decided to excommunicate me - near, far and in-between. My mind and body are in better shape than ever.

Even though I don’t have a ton of money, a nice place to live, the chance to travel much, the ability to make people disappear, and the matter of being single while scaring others away (the new new X-Men character, Repello, is based on me), I should be grateful for what I have.

It’s an automatic, emotional response. I should reflect on what is right with my life, instead of focusing on what is wrong. But, I'm still going to complain to anyone who will listen because it's a lot cheaper than talking to a therapist.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My couch is always available.

October 24, 2007 8:58 am  
Blogger Chris said...

There's nothing wrong with complaining. In NYC, we have "bitching quotas." If we don't meet them, they take our cards away.

October 24, 2007 9:23 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i love complaining. though i had no idea about the 'bitching quotas'. damn i learn something new every day.

October 24, 2007 11:23 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

feel free to complain away to me. i can't guarantee i'll stop yawning or even stay awake, but at least you'll have someone to talk to

October 24, 2007 11:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home