I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Flirts are teases without the touching

Even though the dictionary describes flirting as the act of courting triflingly or act amorously without serious intentions, I don’t particularly enjoy it. It’s fine for about five seconds, but I stop at second six. Why? It isn’t beneficial for various reasons.

The first reason is because flirting is done as a means to get something out of someone else; a reaction, mostly. When I want something from someone, I ask for it. I don’t play games, or act coy. Impatience has taught me that a little too well.

The second reason is that I really don’t like is when the other person doesn’t stop… and then you start to get the wrong impression. And, that impression always leads you down the one path that the cynic in you doesn’t want. Do they like me? Why else would they be acting that way if they didn’t? But, if they’re flirting, then does that mean they don’t really like me and are just playing a game?

Of course, I’d rather know to save me from any potential heartbreak, but a part of me wants to keep believing they really like me because that thought is what keeps hope alive.

7 Comments:

Blogger tornwordo said...

yeah, let me know when you figure that out. I never have.

October 29, 2007 7:06 am  
Blogger Chris said...

I hate flirting. It's one thing if they're hot, but quite another if they're scuzzy.

Or if you're at a party and they just assume that since you're gay and breathing, that they can flirt with you--and you just met them.

It's enough to shove them into the Christmas tree.

October 29, 2007 10:01 am  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i'm the worst flirt and can't tell when others are flirting with me. usually, they will need to whack me on the head with a neon sign in order for me to get the hint.

October 29, 2007 10:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, flirting basically is toying with people's emotions. I mean, if you mean it, then it's fine. But if you aren't attracted to a person, why make believe you are? Why go down that road at all?

October 29, 2007 12:12 pm  
Blogger about a boy said...

im terrible at flirting. and i really dont know a guy is flirting with me until his tongue is down my throat...

October 29, 2007 1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If someone is direct with you and they are uglier than a mother f-er you'd turn them down and then they'd be heartbroken.

To me flirting is the lesser of two evils...besides it's fun and can be sexy.

You're hot! *wink* *wink*

October 29, 2007 6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm pretty good at it, being in a relationship for 4 years I was safe flirting, but now that I'm single it's not quite as easy.

October 30, 2007 7:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home