I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

What kind of fuckery is this?

Confusion is the best description for my state of mind when meeting new people. At first they say one thing, and then contradict it by saying something else. And, don’t get me started on the problems that arise when you’re actually interested in them.

They say they’re looking for someone with dark features, intelligence, and a good head on their shoulders. You reply by saying you’re like that. In fact, you're practically raising your hand, and waving it around, going "Oooh, oooh! Over here! Over here!" like a brown-noser in elementary school.

Then they say they’re not looking for those qualities and are, in fact, looking for someone who is fair, an idiot, and a total flake.

You shake your head, like there’s a screw loose, and you can hear it rattle.

Then, the rest of the conversation entails you asking if you understood correctly, only to be confused and defensive because you’re trying to give them what they want even though they’re changing their mind.

What kind of fuckery is this?

In the end, they make you feel like you’re the crazy one while they are a few sandwiches short of a full picnic basket, even though they claim not to like sandwiches or go on picnics when they just said they ate a sandwich and went on a picnic last week.

This is the reason why I am never going to date because I don't have patience for this shit.

Note: This post is brought to you by WTF Wednesdays.

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Sounds like the early onset of schizophrenia. Run for your life.

November 07, 2007 8:39 am  
Blogger Random Thinker said...

why don't you become the one asking the questions, getting volunteers for the features/intelligence you're looking for?

seize control steven! life is short! next thing you know, you'll be 40, bald, and dreaming of the days of fuckery.

November 07, 2007 10:28 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i like what the fuck wednesdays.

boys are so stupid. most of the time.

November 07, 2007 11:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like I need to send you a box of my famous fun-shine enemas!
I'll put them in the mail this afternoon :)
I guess its best you find out their picnic basket isn't all there now rather than later. Been there, done that. Unfortunately, some guys just flat out suck & not talking about the land down under! You can't give up on dating because of a few freaks. Keep a positive attitude. It will pay off when you least expect it :)

November 07, 2007 1:48 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

i once had a guy take out a little G.I. Joe action figure and place it on the table. "I bring that everywhere I go," he told me. I'd already known he was nutso by this point, but we had already ordered dessert - he insisted on plain chocolate cake, which wasn't on the menu, and when I said, "that's not on the menu" he thought I was clearly insane. The funny thing is, when I emailed him saying "no, I don't think this is going to go ANYWHERE" he replied saying how surprised he was and that he thought we had a really good time!

November 07, 2007 6:36 pm  
Blogger madamerouge said...

seize control steven! life is short! next thing you know, you'll be 40, bald, and dreaming of the days of fuckery. <--me

November 07, 2007 7:10 pm  
Blogger eindeloze sfeer said...

Well most people don't really know what they want, period/full stop. That helps to keep the wheels of capitalism greased, you see. But as for relationships, I used to think as aboutaboy did that "boys are so stupid, most of the time." Now I realize "almost everybody is so stupid, almost all of the time."

November 08, 2007 1:13 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your like only the second person who i've ever heard use the word fuckery.

the other one is my older brother who uses it and says "trav, what kinda fuckery you up to lately?" meaning whose been topping me lately.

travis
spears.park@hotmail.com

November 08, 2007 11:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to date.You don't want to end up a lonely old bastard!

November 08, 2007 5:31 pm  
Blogger IT IS WHAT IT IS said...

AMY WINO IS ONE OF MY MUSICAL IDOLS

November 10, 2007 5:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home