I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 07, 2009

I don't have the energy to be fake

It’s the birthday of a friend of mine and she's having a party. I can't go for several reasons, but I know of a few people who are going even though they hate the person being feted.

When they see each other, it’s as if there’s nothing wrong even though I know there is enough hatred to start a war. It feels so contrived. It’s all hugs and kisses when they’re together and I have to keep my mouth shut because the only thing I want to do is tell them how ridiculous they’re being.

If this is done just to have friends, then leave me out of it. I don’t have the energy to be fake. I have to use up so much of it on being myself, why would I want to spend the rest of it being someone else?

Maybe someday they’ll grow up and realize the inanity of it all. Maybe. First they have to wake up, rub the crap out of their eyes and see it’s not worth it. Be real, even if it means you don’t have 400 ‘friends’ because most of them don’t like you, either.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sometimes accused of the same thing. I don't consider it being fake, it's being diplomatic. This person I dislike intensly is friends with many I know so to keep peace and harmony, I tow the line, so to speak. However, I would graciously decline any invitation on offer from said person, onless of course, they are cute single men involved.

September 07, 2009 8:26 am  
Blogger jay said...

I feel like in those circumstances that just having a knock down brawl or being honest is the only real way to repair Or just have final closure on the friendship. Seems like you are in phase 2. Not showing up to enough events will start the conversation. Others are in phase 1 maybe?

September 07, 2009 3:36 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

I totally have weeded out those from my life that I don't want to be around. I mean, it IS a lot of energy. Why bother? Just get rid of 'em!

September 08, 2009 7:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home