I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Someone's sweater

There is something about putting on someone's sweater that make you smile. It makes you giddy, like you know a secret that no one else knows about. And, it makes you smile.

When I'm offered one, I take it, throw it on and look in the mirror. It fits. It's like it was made for me.

The smell is one of a freshly-washed load of laundry. But, there's also a tinge of the scent of skin; the scent that is personal and individual, almost like a custom cologne.

And when I take it off, I hope a little bit of my scent permeates the fibres. Just as a subtle reminder of when I was wearing someone's sweater.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'd be lying if I said I didn't steal moments sniffing on the clothing of various lust interests.

Here, this is what your post reminds me of:
Meryn Cadell (A Torontonian you're probably too young to remember) and "The Sweater."

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R46I0700

September 04, 2009 1:23 am  
Blogger about a boy said...

i like a good sweater. and love it when a scent lingers in its warp and weave. and memories come flooding back upon inhalation.

i like hoodies too.

September 04, 2009 9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home