I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Living well is the best revenge

Whenever there is a split in any relationship, the best way to move on - and to make him/her feel a simmering sense of jealousy - is to remind him/her of what they lost whenever you have the chance. And, I've done that just by being myself.

There are the givens like the career, running my own company, living in an amazing loft, being invited to hot parties, having money in the bank (i.e. not living off mommy and daddy), and retaining my taught body and skin.

But there are also other tangible items that make me the person I am: surviving a cancer scare, having friends and family who supported me in my time of need, having people want to hang out with me, and having someone new in my life (that I can flaunt in public).

Oh, and being able to remind them without any effort (because you hear through the grapevine that you're gossipped about to your ex) on your behalf also helps.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I totally agree!
Everytime I got dumped, I found that the best revenge was just to become better and improve yourself instead of wasting time on hating on your ex.

People ALWAYS hate when someone surpasses them in any way possible...

:P

September 30, 2009 10:56 pm  
Anonymous Miguel said...

I have never hated my ex and I was dumped in the cruelest way, came home from work one day after 4 years and he and his things were just gone. I was sad and scared. My partner after him died of cancer in my arms. But now , my surviving ex can see me as a successful lawyer, homes on two continents, with the trapping and trimmings of success and now, he does want me back and has tried to seduce me on several occasions. But of course, I will never accept him. So alas, like you S, I am still single, but content.

October 01, 2009 8:46 am  
Anonymous mr jones said...

why oh why are you such a tool?

October 01, 2009 8:09 pm  
Blogger Jeff C.-S. said...

But even more importantly - all of that living well is good for YOU.
Accomplished with no other motive than to, as you state, just be yourself. Well done!

October 02, 2009 11:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

true i see my ex two three times a week, her rebound is getting sick of her and after 6 months of pain i at last got the message that she was poison and i was so much better off without her. now i have a lot of female company, my job is going well and omg i'm happy and she looks like a bag of crap. its great i can rub her nose in it and pretend to be her friend. now if that sounds awful please trust me you don't know me ex

November 09, 2011 4:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so true, when i got dumped being a nice guy trying to do the adult thing and decided to do friends thing on her request this proved an open invitation to tell all the the details of her new relationship and felt like my heart was being ripped out every time i met up with her. After three months of this crap i had had enough, i met a new improved lady at my gym and started dating her. To my surprise my ex reaction was as if i had dumped her, suddenly she had strong feeling for me although she was very much in love with new guy. looking back now i see she was getting off hurting me with the fine detail of her sex life but the moment the table was turned and she was hurting it was a different story, i don't know how someone i once loved could play a silly game like this but since i moved on i have found my life has opened up and i'm happy, she don't look happy but tells me she, i don't care anymore if she is or isn't i still love the person i thought she was but not her

November 14, 2011 4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home