I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, July 26, 2010

My parents discovered the fountain of youth

As I lean forward and look into the mirror, I see every little pore and line on my face. There aren’t many wrinkles, but they’re there. The texture could be a little better, but overall my skin has improved throughout the years.

When having coffee with my parents, I begin to look at their skin. Except for a little sagginess, my mother doesn’t have any wrinkles. My father – a person who abhors sunscreen – only has a couple of lines on his forehead and around his eyes (i.e. laugh lines).

They’re almost 40 years older than me and their skin looks just as good as mine.

I want to know their secrets, but I know they don’t have any. My father only shaves a couple of times a week and washes his face with water (no cleanser or even soap). Even though my mother has sensitive skin, she only uses a moisturizer and night cream when she remembers. She also stays away from makeup.

Because of that, I know I could follow their regimes, but I know it wouldn’t result in the same outcome. Their skin is different than mine, but the environmental effects (and a hell of a lot of stress) will make my skin age at a rapid pace.

I hope I can count on genetics in case all the creams and cosmetic surgery in the world doesn’t work. My parents discovered the fountain of youth and I want to take a dip in it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Neuroscientist-at-Large said...

Well I guess when you are not being snarky or superior you are just plain dull. Time to close this blog, I think.

July 26, 2010 10:16 am  
Anonymous FONT LOVER said...

hi, do you like African food?

July 26, 2010 2:20 pm  
Blogger Brand New W said...

ugh! it's pride week here and my chin is REVOLTING on me!!! seriously, it's like major warfare on my chin. SADNESS.

July 29, 2010 12:09 pm  
Blogger Dean Grey said...

Hmmm.....

Do you have any siblings?

I'm curious if they picked up your parents' youthful gene or not.

-Dean

August 10, 2010 5:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home