I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 09, 2010

Noise travels fast

There’s this odd buzzing I hear indoors. It sounds like it’s coming from the unit beside or above mine. I’m not too sure. What I am sure is that it gets irritating after listening to it for eight hours a day.

When I take a walk outside and around the building, I want to see what my neighbours are doing. Is it a little light construction? Is it a total tear down? The people beside me have nothing going on, or the ones who live above my unit. By the time I get to the other side of the complex, I see a window open with a saw out on the balcony. It must be the unit since there aren’t any others around.

What strikes me as strange is this unit is two floors up and at the other end of the complex. There must be more than eight units between us. It feels like it’s next door. The walls aren’t paper-thin; they’re made of concrete. That’s the reason why you hear sound from one side of the building to the other: concrete is (apparently) a great sound conductor/amplifier.

Let’s hope sound doesn’t travel as quickly when my neighbours are getting it on.

3 Comments:

Blogger A Lewis said...

Our 3-year-old new building has sound issues. Known sound issues. We are in the middle of litgation to get them resolved. in the meantime, I'm AMAZED at what one can hear.

August 09, 2010 10:03 am  
Blogger Dean Grey said...

I know in my aunt's house, one of their doorbells was installed incorrectly so there's a constant, light buzzing.

Maybe it's an electrical issue?

That or your building has a bee problem!

-Dean

August 10, 2010 5:48 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog provides its some nature info here. I am always happy with your site.


local

August 10, 2010 6:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home