I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, August 16, 2010

The size of it all

People are typically concerned with the size of their body. They’re not worried about the shape, because if it was, we’d search the racks for forms, not numbers. It seems like there isn’t one person who is happy with their overall appearance.

A friend of mine always asks me if I would consider her to be thin, average, a few extra pounds, or overweight. According to her criteria (or to be more precise, the criteria of her dating site), she’s average. After whittling down to a size 4, she's even more neurotic about her weight. She's tiny but she doesn't see herself that way.

And it’s not just women who go through this.

Men also have to put down what they think best describes their body type, as well. Many become just as self-conscious. I always describe myself as fit, but there are people who have classified me as anorexic (which I’m not; I'm just small). Does that mean I also have body image issues? I don't think so, since I don't spend time worrying about my size.

Whatever. As long as you can fit in it, who cares what size you are? That should be the end goal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dean Grey said...

All the weight goes to my hips and thighs. I'm a classic pear-bottom!

Ugh!

-Dean

August 16, 2010 1:00 pm  
Anonymous Bitchy said...

"It seems like there isn't one person who isn't happy with their appearance." That would mean everyone is happy with his/her appearance.

August 17, 2010 9:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home