I'm not your bitch, don't hang your shit on me.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Cute

Feeling unattractive? Feeling unwanted? Feeling unloved? Self-esteem takes a hit on so many occasions, there is no sure fire way to pick yourself up from the doldrums of depression.

Recently, I’ve discovered one way.

Actually, it’s one word: Cute.

What makes this word particularly effective is when someone thinks you are, and this person is way hotter than you ever could or will be.

That word hasn’t been used to describe any part of me since I was six. Every once in a while I get a “handsome” but it comes from a little old lady with a case of dimentia, who thinks I'm her brother, Jimmy, that died in the War.

Typicallly, compliments are thrown my way like table scraps to a starving dog (and this bitch will eat every bit of them up). They’re usually about my work, my style, or my ability to find the most expensive item in any store, catalogue, or Web site.

But, I find that compliments are used when someone wants something. This time, there was no pretense. None. It was all about me.

Although you shouldn’t have someone else justify your existence (or appearance), sometimes that’s all it takes. A little assurance goes a long way.

And, to top it off, someone thinks you’re cute.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lemuel said...

and here I thought it was all about ME! zheesh!

:)
(It's always good to be told you're cute.)

September 18, 2006 6:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I have no idea what you look like but you sure type cute.

wink - A

September 18, 2006 12:34 pm  
Blogger BlackGold said...

That was cute....

September 18, 2006 6:48 pm  
Blogger S said...

Lemuel: A little compliment goes a long way.

Aaron: I type cute? Now, that's a first.

BG: Aw, thanks.

September 18, 2006 7:20 pm  
Blogger Single Guy said...

I have to say I do not like the word "cute"..it has the same meaning as "nice"...very idifferent. I'd like to be HOT or attractive or Sexy..but cute...cheese is cute!

September 18, 2006 8:27 pm  
Blogger Kevin said...

Having such horrible self-esteem, even if I do get a "cute" or something out of someone, I always kind of blow it off ... because they surely couldn't actually think that.

Damn those years and years of being made fun of as the fat unattractive kid.

(But you ARE cute.)

September 19, 2006 9:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen your picture and I think you're cute.

September 20, 2006 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home